Thursday, March 24, 2011

Writing to Help Japan

The first graders have been studying Japan and thinking about how we can help our friends on the other side of the world to recover from the tragic earthquake and tsunami. Below are letters that they have written to President Obama and to the children of Japan to extend their wishes, hopes, and desires to help.

Dear President Obama,

I am Samantha Thorpe and I am seven years old and I’m in first grade and I go to Erving Elementary School. I have one pet, and its name is Lukas. I want to know how can I help you help with Japan. I’d like to help them with all the floods. Mr. Obama, I hope you get this letter.

From,

Samantha Thorpe

P.S. Thank you!

Dear Barack Obama,

I am Vincent and I am six and a half years old. How can I help Japan? I’d like to give water. I hope they rebuild their houses soon.

From,

Vincent Myren

Dear President Obama,

I am Elizabeth Whitney. I am six years old. I want to know if you can help the people in Japan and I hope the people in Japan are safe.

From,

Elizabeth Whitney

Dear President Obama,

I am Nick. I am six years old. How can I help the people in Japan? I will send my old clothes. I can be your friend.

From,

Nick Peabody

Dear children of Japan,

I am Reid. I am seven years old. Was it scary? I would donate money. I hope you feel better.

From, Reid Pollock

Dear children of Japan,

I am Avery. I am seven years old. How are you doing? How can I help you? Do you need food? Water? Friendship? I hope you get better.

From,

Avery Boissonneault

Dear children of Japan,

My name is Jacob, a seven year old. How is it living in Japan? How would you like me to help? I hope that a tsunami never happens again.

From,

Jacob Quaile

Dear children of Japan,

I am Dylan. I am six years old. I love friends. I want to know if I can get you food for you, get money for you, or get a house for you. I hope I make you feel a little better.

From,

Dylan Burnett

Dear President Obama,

I am Rebecca Kucenski. I’m seven. Can I help by helping give food and by giving the people in Japan my old clothes? I hope that you can help, too.

From,

Rebecca Kucenski

Dear children of Japan,

I am Jasmine. I am six years old. I want to know are you okay? I’d like to help you. I hope you’re alright. How can I help? Can I give you water? Can I give you food?

From,

Jasmine Meattey

Dear children of Japan,

I am Sydney May. I am six and a half years old. I will be seven in June. Are you okay? Do you need anything? I am part Korean. Are you going to survive? I hope you are okay. I want to be your friend. Do you need friendship?

From,

Sydney May

Dear President Obama,

I am Emily. I am seven years old. I want to know can I help Japan? I’d like to help by sending water. I hope that you get our letters.

From,

Emily LaBelle

Dear children of Japan,

I am Katelynn Thurber! I am sweet and nice! I want to know what you are like! I’d like to help by sending you food and water! I hope I can be your friend! Don’t get me mixed up with another Katelynn Thurber. I am Katelynn Ruth Thurber.

From,

Katelynn Ruth Thurber

Dear President Obama,

I am Jessica Abbey. I am seven years old. How many people died in Japan? Can I do anything to help? If I can, what can I do to help? I want to help out so I can give shelter, food, and clean water. I hope we can save Japan. We can give shelter, food, and clean water to save Japan. Do you know anything else we can do to save Japan? Can we do anything to help the people who died? I hope we can do something to help with Japan. I really want to help out with Japan. I want to give shelter, food, and clean water. What should I do to help? We should all try our best to help. Japan maybe has a tiny bit of the stuff they need to survive, but not enough. I know we can help. Giving and caring for our community is really important, especially our world community. We have a really big community, which is our world community. We should be giving and caring for our community, but some people are not. So just because other people are not, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t. We need to give and care for our world community, because it maybe is our most important community in the whole entire world.

From,

Jessica Abbey

P.S. Do your best to help Japan!

Dear children of Japan,

I hope you are okay. I am Dez. I am seven Do you have enough food? Do you have enough clothes? You have friends here to help you. Is anybody friends with you? I hope you’re okay. Is anyone being kind to you?

From,

Dezirae Porlier-Longo

Dear children of Japan,

I am Maddy and I am seven years old. I live in Massachusetts. I want to know what happened in Japan. I’d like to help by giving food. I hope you are fine.

Love,

Maddy Janus

Dear President Obama,

I am Zack, six years old. What does it look like in Japan? How do people build their homes back? I hope people are safe.

From,

Zack Malcolm

Dear children of Japan,

I am Emily. I am seven years old. I want to know do you need food or water? I’d like to help to be your friend. I hope you will be my best friends. Do you want me to be a friend to you? I hope it works out.

From,

Emily Fess

Dear President Obama,

I am Bryce. I am six years old. I would help give food. I want to know how to help. I hope you are feeling better.

From,

Bryce Finn

Dear children of Japan,

by Gracie Rosenberg

I am seven years old and live in Massachusetts. I’d like to know if Japan is beautiful.

From,

Gracie Rosenberg

Dear children of Japan,

I am Skye Porlier. I am seven years old and I am sorry that you had a flood and I want to give you clean water so that you don’t get sick and I want to give you medicine just in case you get sick. I hope you are okay at the flood. I will beg my mom. Can I help with anything at Japan? I am sorry about that flood in Japan. I do not want to just stand there and watch. I want to help. Do you need any help at Japan? I hope you are okay at Japan. Can I go there and help you? It is a wonderful place if you came here. Please come here at our place. We will take good care of you at anytime. I am so thankful that our place is united at our place. I love you, but I am going to help at your place. It is so painful at Japan. I think that you are hurt at Japan. I don’t think that my brother will help at Japan, but I want to help. I want to know what you are doing at Japan. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you are okay. I will get you safe homes at Japan.

From,

Skye Porlier

Dear children of Japan,

I am Greyson. I am six years old. Do you have clothes? I’d like to give you mine. I hope your kids aren’t dead.

From,

Greyson Rollins

Dear President Obama,

I am Will. I am seven years old. I want to know how you are doing. Can you send this to Japan? I hope you stay healthy.

From,
Will Rosenberg

Dear President Obama,

I am Blake Pollard. I am seven years old. Can I help with shelter and food in Japan? I hope the water gets dried.

From,

Blake Pollard

Dear President Obama,

I am Tristan. I am seven years old. How can I help Japan? I hope to build houses for Japan. I’d like to help the kids in Japan.

From,

Tristan Trask

Dear President Obama,

I am Brandon. I am Seven years old. I want to help Japan. I want to get them out of there. I hope we can be a community.

From,

Brandon

And our special big-kid role model…

Dear President Obama,

I am Isaac. I am eleven years old. How can I help the people in Japan? I would help plant crops and give clothes and water. I hope I can make a difference. I hope you can send this, the food, and the clothes and water.

From,

Isaac Savage

No comments:

Post a Comment